Bioderm Acne Gel – 30 ml
Bioderm Acne Gel – 30 ml has been specially formulated as an aid in the treatment and prevention of
- Razor bumps and Rash
- Blackheads & Whiteheads
Method of action:
- Removes layers of skin hard, scaly, dry and / or skin roughened skin
- Prevents pores for becoming clogged up.
- Slows down the shedding of cells inside the follicles, thus preventing clogging.
- Helps break down black heads and white heads
- Have antiseptic properties which help keep the area bacteria free.
A blackhead (technically known as an open comedo) is a yellowish or blackish bump or plug on the skin. An open comedo or blackhead is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland’s duct. Blackheads are typically caused by excessive oil and makeup. While the contents inside may look dark, it is not dirt; the substance found in these bumps mostly consists of keratin and modified sebum (an oily secretion of the sebaceous gland)  Possible factors that cause blackheads include :
- Excess dead cells blocking the opening to the pore
- Excess production of facial oil
- Improper cleansing routine, facial oil not being removed
- Excess scrubbing of the skin (Scrubs)
- Use of products/makeup (foundations, sunscreens, and moisturizers) that may contain too much oil
- Use of low quality facial cleansing products
I. Definition: Pseudofolliculitis barbae (razor bumps) is a common condition of the beard area occurring in African American men and other people with curly hair. The problem results when highly curved hairs grow back into the skin causing inflammation and a foreign body reaction. Over time, this can cause keloidal scarring which looks like hard bumps of the beard area and neck.
II. Causes: Blade shaving sharpens the ends of the hairs like a spear. The hairs then curve back into the skin causing pseudofolliculitis barbae.
III. Treatment: A 100% effective treatment is to let the beard grow. Once the hairs get to be a certain length they will not grow back into the skin.
Our products are not tested on animals and have no animal extracts in them.
They contain no harmful products, e.g. Hydroquinone, bleaching agents or ingredients, which would hydrolyse on the skin – “turn into hydroquinone via a chemical reaction”.
The active ingredients in our products are from herbal extract and are not synthetic in nature. With the majority of our products there is clinical data to substantiate the efficacy of the product.