The company website (referred to hereinafter as the “Website”) is owned and operated by Biologic Pharmaceuticals PTY LTD (Registration number 2012/173172/07) trading as CLINICA, (referred to hereinafter as the “Company”).
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
When a user registers on the Website, or make an online purchase, the company will collect and use the user’s personal information. This information may include, without limitation, the users full name and surname, contact details, financial information, address, transaction history and details of the users visits to the website.
- WHEN IS INFORMATION COLLECTED
Some personal information may be collected – (i) when you register on our website, (ii) during the carrying out of demographic research, (iii) when you use any of our services, (iv) when you sign up to receive promotional materials or (v) when you participate in any promotions, competitions or surveys held on our website.
You acknowledge that promotions and competitions on our website may be sponsored by third parties, or may be co-sponsored by us together with third parties. You agree that some or all your personal information may be shared with such third party.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTING INFORMATION
The primary goal in collecting your personal information is to provide our users with a better customer experience, this may include, interactive communications, online shopping and other services.
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our website.
- manage your account on our website: to manage your registration as a user of our website
- deliver to you more relevant and targeted content and advertisements, such as promotions and special offers.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased online or of any other contract with us through our website.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, to complete unsuccessful orders, security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
The company will process the personal information collected from the User at their operating offices and in any other place where the parties involved in processing the information are located.
The users personal information will be processed and stored for as long as required for the purpose it has been collected for, subject to the provisions of this policy.
The company may retain user’s personal information for longer period where the user has consented thereto and have not withdrawn consent.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The company will attempt not to disclose any of your personal information to third parties, except when we have your permission or in the legitimate interests of our business, we do not guarantee that your personal information will not be shared with third parties without your permission we may disclose your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances, including but not limited to:
• where the law requires that we disclose your personal information;
• to monitor web traffic: web servers serving our website automatically collect information about the pages you visit.
• Online shopping: if you make a purchase from our online store or merchant, the information obtained during your visit to the website (including tracking information, cookies, credit card number and contact information) is provided to the merchants. This is to enable transactions to take place;
• Third parties: online merchants providing services in association with us have separate privacy and data collection practices. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for third party policies. For more information regarding the merchant, their store, and their privacy policies, please click on the following link: see https://www.paygate.co.za/privacy-policy/
• Legal: we may also disclose your personal information in special cases, where we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a party who may be breaching the Terms and Conditions or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
• with your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
• site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
The importance of security for all personal information associated with our users are of the utmost concern to us. While we exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to, or from our website.
- DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
All of our users shall, having provided adequate proof of his/her identity to us, be entitled to –
a. submit a request in writing to us to confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about such user; and
b. request from us the record or a description of the personal information about the user held, including information about the identity of all third parties, or categories of third parties, who have, or have had, access to the personal information at a reasonable fee charged by us within a reasonable time from the date of receipt of such request.
- PRIVACY LAWS
The use of our website and any electronic transaction concluded with us are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. If any user accesses our website from locations outside of the Republic of South Africa, that user is responsible for compliance with all local laws.